Wednesday 2 June 2010

Porridge of the Week #4

~
Porridge of the Week #4
Banana split porridge
~


Category: Evening
Mash up a banana, and stir into porridge that has been blended with warm milk. Stir in cubes of chocolate as it warms, so the chocolate starts to melt and leaves streaks through the porridge, but small lumps remain. Removed from the heat and add a spoonful of icecream (Vanilla would be the obvious solution, but you could also try toffee or chocolate chip.)
Finally, sprinkle with chopped hazlenuts, et voila!
This porridge is delicious! It makes a fun pudding, and a good alternative to banana split for my little cult of porridge obsessives. I like to think of it as a wintery equivalant to banana split... I spend a lot of time (Of which I clearly have too much) fantasising about classic puddings that can be adapted into porridge recipes (rather like the muffins) so you can expect more of this!

I think my nxt P.O.T.W should be another 'flavoured' classic. Recommendations, please!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment