Sunday 19 December 2010

Porridge of the Week # 23

.
Porridge of the Week #23
Blueberry Frangipane

.
Category:
Flavour

Start by poaching a skinned and chopped pear in a little bit of water and sugar. When it is soft, break it down a bit with the back of a fork. Leave aside and soak the porridge in milk and add a drop of almond essence. As it heats through, add a tablespoon of ground almond and a handful of dried blueberries. Stir through. When the porridge is warm and at the desired consistency, tip in the pear, saving a little back for garnish.
Spoon into a bowl and top with a spoonful of pear and a sprinkling of blueberries.

I really enjoy making porridges based on puddings. My equally geeky friend and I like to create pudding themed porridges and muffins when we are bored (did I really admit to that..?) and this is the fruit of one of these sessions. The sharpness of the blueberries is really complimentary against the sweetness of the pear.

x

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really delicous. I sense a Boxing day treat you could do me (a small portion so as not to upset you!). Where did you get the idea for this? Nat x

    ReplyDelete